Backlog Positions Federal Division for a Successful Year
Our Federal Division focuses on supporting the United States government, including the Corp of Engineers and the Naval Facilities Engineering Command. We have almost $30 million in backlogged projects for 2019, and are actively establishing traveling teams to grow our workforce.
“Our Branch 4 Federal Division successfully booked their largest backlog ever,” said Larry Christopher, Director of the Federal Division. “This provides numerous opportunities for both our project managers and our field forces, and we are actively recruiting in both areas to ensure superior performance.”
Key projects include:
- Robins Air Force Base: Five projects including the addition of two new substations for Building 140, and replacing approximately 300,000 sq. ft. of lighting and controls
- P464 Aircraft Maintenance Hangar, Beaufort, SC: New hangar and four supporting outbuildings
- Macon, GA: Upgrades and modifications for two waste water treatment plants
- Joint Base Charleston, SC: Base-wide Site Lighting replacement
- Kings Bay Phase 2: Installing new fire alarm system in the Vertical Missile Packaging Building
MetroPower relies heavily on its geographic diversity to support projects across the Southeast. Branch 4 will be utilizing employees from different Branches within MetroPower and CarolinaPower to complete our work. Not only are we hiring at every level of employment, but we are actively assembling traveling teams to serve the Southeastern United States.
“Traveling teams are essential to support our geographic expansion in the Federal Division,” said Chris Smith, Project Manager for MetroPower. “While it’s not uncommon in our industry, it is a demanding position. We appreciate the dedicated teams that currently spend extensive time away from home for the success of our company.”